Imagine a road trip with your friends in your beloved car, you stop for a photo session and after a score of selfies when you get back your car just refuses to start. An automobile battery life is unpredictable after a certain time. Although you had been thinking of buying a car battery a few days back but you were totally confused about the best 4 wheeler battery brand.
Tata Green Batteries understands the importance of a good car battery, so we have compiled a checklist that will help you zero down on the most appropriate automotive battery for your wheels.
- Dig out your car’s owner’s manual which has information about all the standard parts the car. Check the battery dimensions and the ampere-hour ratings, the CA, CCA ratings there. If you have misplaced the owner’s manual, check the top or the body of the existing battery for all the required ratings.
- Choose a car battery that has Ah rating higher or equal to your existing battery or as mentioned in the manual. A lower AH rating will give you trouble while starting your car, especially when it comes to cold starts. Also, the car battery life will be affected.
- Don’t end up buying a 4 wheeler battery with a much higher AH rating battery, it will lead to slow charging and put the load on the alternator.
- If you live in climatic conditions where the temperature gets considerably low, go for a battery with higher CCA.
- A battery with good Reserve Capacity shall come handy in case the alternator of your car fails, to keep the car and lamps running for a longer period of time.
- Usually, most battery mounts/battery boxes are standardised, but don’t forget to check the battery dimensions. It is always good to check on the size if it fits your car snugly.
- If you’re the one-man army to your car and like doing the maintenance on your own, buying a battery with handles/loops will be convenient.
- Lead Acid batteries and Dry Cell batteries are the most commonly available 4 wheeler batteries. Dry cells are slightly more expensive but have a longer life than lead acid batteries, but the average automobile battery life in India is about 3-5 years.
- When you buy an automotive battery check the manufacturing date which is mentioned on the battery. In case the date is not mentioned, there will be a code that indicates the date of manufacture. A battery purchased within 6 months of manufacture is considered as fresh.
- Be extra careful while buying a car battery online. Check battery life, warranty, servicing, replacement and other terms and conditions. Buy batteries only from reputed 4 wheeler battery brands like Tata Green Batteries. You can also view their batteries online on http://www.tatagreenbattery.com.
- Lastly, keep the warranty card safe just in case the battery gives away in the warranty period to avail replacements.